Business & Education Partnership
Wanted: New Board Members
September 10, 2020
The Business & Education Partnership is seeking new directors who want to help make a difference in the lives of youth while strengthening our future workforce, economy and community.
The Business and Education Partnership of Waterloo Region (BEP) is an award-winning charity that helps young people prepare for the world of work through career exploration, skill development and networking opportunities with local employers and industry professionals. Through these experiences, youth can better understand the world of work, see a positive future, and build a successful career path, leading to a stronger workforce, economy, and community.
Our vision is a Waterloo Region where every young person can build the career they want, and every employer can develop the talent they need. To strive towards this vision, we are seeking new members to join our Board of Directors.
What we will do together
- Identify opportunities for impact and shape organization’s future direction
- Set and review policies that govern the organization
- Ensure legal requirements and standards are met
- Monitor the organization’s financial health and identify new sources of revenue
- Build bridges with like-minded organizations
- Evaluate ourselves for continuous learning and improvement
Qualities we seek in our directors
- Passionate about empowering youth in our community
- Committed to organizational excellence and continuous improvement
- Willingness to be an ambassador for the BEP, working with the Executive Director to develop relationships in the community
- Available to participate in quarterly board meetings (typically Tuesdays from 3:30-5pm)
- Willingness to participate in a committee based on organizational needs and personal abilities
- Willingness to commit to an initial term of three years, beginning in November 2020
- Prior experience serving on a board, including board leadership, is welcome but not required
If you are interested in making a difference in the lives of young people in our community by serving on the BEP Board of Directors, we want to hear from you. To apply, please email a letter of interest and resume to [email protected], no later than September 30, 2020.
Please note that the BEP encourages applications from candidates who represent the diverse identities that make up our community. Accommodations are also available upon request for candidates taking part in all steps of this selection process.