Senior Human Resources Business Partner - Defense TechnologiesTeledyne FLIR
Back to top
In my role as Human Resources Manager, I ensure that the health of the employees, is balanced with the health of the business! I'm involved in all things PEOPLE. I hire, train, develop, manage issues like complaints, health and safety, and performance. It's my mission to ensure that people are happy and engaged so that we can positively service our customers so that our technology can continue to save lives and livelihoods the world over!
Relevant School Subjects
Areas of Expertise
- I graduated high school with science honours.
- I then went to Conestoga College for three programs to find my passion:
- Arts and Science (Certificate)
- General Business (Diploma)
- Human Resources Management Post-Grad Co-op (With high Distinction and Presidents Honours. I spoke to the entire graduating class of 2009)
- I started my co-op at a local insurance company in their HR department. I worked there almost four years
- I then moved over to another insurance company and worked there for about 5 years
- I then moved over to a Technology company that makes drones. I'm still there as their HR Manager and I oversee a group of about 600 employees and a number of VPs. My technology portfolio has also expanded to include ground robots and two more classes and sizes of drones
- I was named one of the top 25 HR Professionals in Canada in 2017