Director of Sales & MarketingDeep Trekker
Deep Trekker makes swimming and driving robots that are used to get a look in places where it is hard for humans to go. Underwater, in a pipe, in a tank, it is safer to send a robot. My job is to find people who currently send people into these tough scenarios and would like to find an easier way to perform those jobs.
Relevant School Subjects
- Computer Studies
- Technological Education
Areas of Expertise
- Carleton University - BComm International Business
- Switched to University of Guelph - BComm Marketing Management
- Worked full time while in school, went from Dishwasher to General Manager of a local restaurant called San Francisco's Stone Oven
- Had regulars from a local robotics startup called Deep Trekker, they hired me as their first salesperson and employee#12
- 6 years later, I manage a sales team of 7 and the company has robots in over 100 countries worldwide, 70 employees
- Heavily involved in engineering project planning, production processes, marketing content production and planning, Search engine optimization (SEO), selling and business development
- Currently enrolled in the Executive Master's of Business Administration program online through University of Fredericton.