PresidentPrivate Motor Truck Council of Canada
I run a membership based trucking association. We keep our members up to date on rules and regulations for the transportation industry, promoting best practices for improved safety and fuel efficient driving.
I consult with governments at the federal and provincial level to ensure regulations that are brought in will serve the transportation industry and public properly. I also lobby governments on members' behalf for or against regulations that may or may not be in the best interests of the industry and I organize events that promote education and networking to our members and the industry.
Relevant School Subjects
- Guidance and Career Education
Areas of Expertise
- Not for Profit
- At the age of 18 I went to a truck driving school and earned my AZ license
- Drove local for 3 years hauling grain and livestock
- Drove long haul for 5 years covering 48 US States and 6 Canadian Provinces
- Worked 2 years full time as a certified trainer at a truck driving school
- Worked 2 years in safety and compliance for a fleet, while still working part time as a driver trainer.
- Worked 13 years as a Safety, Training and Compliance Manager for a 160 truck private fleet
- Since January 2015 I've worked as the President of the Private Motor Truck Council, a membership based trucking association that represents the views and interests of private truck fleets.