Make a positive impact on the lives of local youth
Businesses can inform and inspire young people in Waterloo Region by sharing their knowledge, expertise and career journey.
Why get involved?
By getting involved, your business can:
- Make a difference in the lives of young people seeking guidance and direction
- Invest in the preparation of your future workforce
- Raise awareness of career options in your industry
- Provide rewarding professional development opportunities for your current staff
- Demonstrate your company as an employer of choice
Through our partnerships, we can also connect local organizations to discounted recruitment opportunities that reach beyond Waterloo Region.
Here are a few ways your organization can support local students and schools:
The Partnership Portal connects educators with volunteers from the world of work, to support activities such as:
- Career talks or workshops in a specific subject area
- Mentoring and/or judging student projects and competitions
- Participation in career days and fairs
- Experiential learning opportunities, such as informational interviews, job shadowing, and co-op placements
Share Your Challenges
Our Innovation, Creativity and Entrepreneurship Challenges engage students to design solutions for problems facing local organizations.
Connect with local students and parents
Showcase careers in your industry at Explore Your Future, Waterloo Region's annual career expo for grade 7-12 students and their guardians.
Let us showcase your workplace
Allow us to create a virtual tour of your workplace for students and classes to explore, anytime and anywhere.
Become a co-op employer
To gain confidence and insight into their skills and opportunities, students need virtual and in-person opportunities to participate in the world of work. You can provide this as a co-op employer for local students.
I have been a supporter of the BEP for many years because I believe it is vital for our youth to be made aware of the vast array of career options available as well as learning what the business realities are so they … are better prepared for the world of work.
HR Manager, Teledyne DALSA
The BEP provides a chance to speak with students about their career aspirations and to discuss with them the career opportunities within the manufacturing industry. It also allows for us to showcase what our company offers students specifically (ie. co-op positions).
Human Resources Director, Ontario Drive & Gear
It is a great way to influence tomorrow’s workforce and present the benefits of your careers to youth and their parents.
Director of HR